Friday 3 October 2014

The Bro-Force, Part 2

The Bro-Force, Part 2

This is just an idea for a silly story I had in which a group of heroes led by Tony Stark get into hijinks. After that weird bit at the end of the Iron Man review, I decided it would be fun to expand the Bro-Force and do a few stories with them. This part details Tony Stark's recruitment of Bruce Banner to the team.

As he entered the apartment he was living in, Bruce Banner took off his jacket. He had had a long day of doing odd jobs around town for money and was ready to relax. Bruce turned the light on, and was shocked to find a dapper, well-dressed man sitting in his armchair.
“What are you doing here?” Bruce asked. He was angry at the intruder, but he tried to remain calm. It would not do to transform and ruin his living quarters, not to mention that his apartment was on the first floor, and old Mrs Simmons downstairs would likely die of fright if the Hulk fell through her roof.
“My name is Tony Stark. You may have heard of me, I’m kind of a big deal.” Tony got up and offered his hand, which Bruce reluctantly accepted in a handshake.
“I’m here to ask if you want to be involved in the Avengers Initiative. It’s a group for people like us who are… a little bit special, you might say. I took notice of what you did in New York, and that’s some power you’ve got there. We need more people like you if some other ne’er do well like Abomination shows up and fancies his chances.”
“How do I know this isn’t a trap by the US military?” Bruce demanded, for he was understandably wary.
“If you’ve been reading the papers, you may have seen the recent story that my company doesn’t make weapons anymore.” Tony explained. “As you can imagine, we’re not on the best terms because of that. So, you in?”
Bruce pondered. “The Hulk poses a big risk. There could be severe collateral damage if he comes out. Although, Sterns wasn’t able to get the cure to work, and he’s not in a position now to come up with anything else, so the best I can do is come to terms with the Hulk. He’s here to stay, so all I can do really is try to control him and make good use of him.”
“Excellent!” Tony clapped his hands together and got out of the armchair. “Funny story, the guy who recruited me came to my house in the middle of the night with an eye patch, I thought he was trying to steal my TV! It’s a really nice TV. 70’, surround sound, high definition, the works.”

Bruce stepped aside to let Tony leave his apartment, but the billionaire philanthropist didn’t make any movements after standing up.
“While I’m here, I’ve got my own little group I’m doing and I wondered if you want to be in that too.”
“Another one?” Bruce sighed. “This better not be a scam of some kind.”
“It’s not a scam. I’m loaded, what do I need your money for?” Tony pouted. “I have so much money, do you know what I did last week? I got this huge vault, filled it with money and jumped in there like Scrooge McDuck. Great fun. Anyway, this other group is a little something I call The Bro-Force. It’s this little club where we just have some fun, drinks, ladies, you know the drill.”
“I’m not really interested in that sort of thing, sorry.” Bruce said. “As a side effect of my condition, I can’t engage in intercourse, lest I kill the other person.”
“That an issue, huh?” Tony said. “I could see what I could do if there are some drugs to slow your heartbeat or something, or you could come and be a wingman. I heard you have quite a way with the ladies.”
“What?” Bruce laughed.
“A little bird told me that you hid from Emil Blonsky in Brazil by climbing through a woman’s window while she was coming out of the shower. That takes chutzpah. I wanna see the look on Coulson’s face when he hears the story. I talked to him before this and he said “I don’t think Bruce will be interested, Tony. He’s too intense.” Oh, and Stan Lee’s still mad at you for getting him ill.”
“That’s what happened with that bottle.” Bruce said to himself before speaking more loudly. “Since we’ll be working together, it pays to have a good relationship with your colleagues. I’ll come to your Bro-Force once, to see what it’s like.”
“Good, I’ll take you there right now.” Tony reached for his mobile, and made a call for his limo to pick him up. He then opened his wallet and took out a twenty dollar bill, which he handed to Bruce. “This is because I got bored waiting for you to come back and drank the beer in your fridge.”
Bruce frowned. The nerve of this guy! Who does he think he is?

No comments:

Post a Comment